Your Support Makes a Difference
Gifts from friends like you allow the Natural History Family of Museums to provide:
- - One-of-a-kind experience for over 1 million visitors
- - Free admission for schoolchildren, teachers, and members of the military
- - Groundbreaking scientific research
- - Funding for the care and preservation of over 35 million specimens
- - Citizen Science projects - where new discoveries are waiting to happen
- - Family-friendly programming and events
- - And much more!
Make visiting and supporting NHM a "winning" Family tradition! Please know that your gift will make a significant impact if received by June 30, 2017.
The mission of the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County is to inspire wonder, discovery, and responsibility for our natural and cultural worlds.
Human beings are connected — to each other, to communities, to other species, and to the Earth. As humans increasingly influence natural systems, it is critical that we understand these relationships. This understanding, in the context of the history of the Earth and its inhabitants, guides our approach to investigation and interpretation. By integrating our global research and extensive collections with engaging learning experiences that reveal all aspects of our work, we provoke curiosity and deepen understanding of our natural and cultural worlds. This dynamic learning laboratory and forum for the exchange of ideas is a new model that sets the standard for museums of the future. We inspire the widest possible audience to enjoy, value and become stewards of the living Earth.
Donate to Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County
Is my donation tax deductible?
How do I know that my donation was made successfully?
Do I get a receipt?
Is my donation private?